Monday, January 23, 2012

I am really mad at Epson...

I cannot believe that I spent so much money buying a new Mac with Lion operating system and the new Adobe CS5 Illustrator and I CANNOT print properly. The image looks jagged!!
Had a Chat w/Epson and this is what they said:
I need a Third party software RIP
because my Epson R1900 is a non-PostScript printer. The new CS5 cannot print to that. It needs a PostScript printer.
So we searched online to find that and the only thing that popped was this PowerRIP that does not support the Lion OS.
OK, so now what? Epson does not have a driver nor it recommends any software. That is ABSURD!
The guy suggested I imported my Illustrator file as a PDF into Photoshop. This is just ludicrous!!
I am looking for their Feedback & boy are they going to get it.
I think I can still create the design in the new CS5, but I have to transfer the file via flash drive to print. Nightmare!

No comments:

Post a Comment