Tuesday, July 9, 2013

New York Trip

Trips like these inspire me and give me ideas to do other things with my products. 

I had a great time seeing my sister in Pawling, NY, college roommates, friends from way back from PR and one that left Cleveland for NJ. She still misses Cleveland. 
It was a shock to my son the amount of walking we did. We relied on the subway like never before. When I used to go with my grandmother, we took cabs.
The sad part was my American dad died the last weekend of June --so sad to die alone.


I had to see the 9/11 Memorial. I went up to the top several times since 1975. I used to stand on the bottom of the building and look how it swayed. My mom and I took the PATH from Hoboken and she was impressed at how many people were going up and down the escalators.



 Lost in Central Park...we found Belvedere Castle. I never ventured to visit Central Park because it WAS dangerous back in the 80's and early 90's.


My good friend Lynda Klich showing the book she co-wrote The Postcard Age: Selections from the Leonard A. Lauder Collection.  I am definitely buying that book--the images are great!



Coolest green project is the High Line along 10th Ave. Perennials taken care by volunteers, spots to rest & eat while looking at buildings were once the area was ugly.

Le Pain Quotidien, I believe a Belgian yummy chain serves super fresh food: bread, bread and bread!

Extraordinary Fireworks in Ridgewood, NJ! Who knew?! Happy 4th!!

No comments:

Post a Comment