Sunday, May 16, 2010

2nd Day of Seminar

Wow! There was such good info! We had Susie Frazer Mueller, an environmental artist & co-founder of Sparx in the City (Cleveland) which showcases artists & their studios. She gave plenty of good books to read, about wholesale, sales strategy: test market in craft shows, better than focus groups, try etsy...
We had Charity Ewanko who owns a graphic design firm Chartreuse here in the West side, with great info like planning your week, use a contract, where to money pinch, deductions, time tracking, networking.
A fellow artist told me about propay.com about doing transaction using a computer or phone when in an art show.
I have loads of info I have to organize so I can use. We were on info overload on Friday.
I already ordered those books from the library (we have the #1 library system of that size in the nation!!)
Books: 
The Creative Habit by Tharpe Twyla
How to Survive & Prosper as an Artist.


We had more info which I will write later. I am hungry now.

No comments:

Post a Comment